1. BS or BA degree
2. Valid Michigan elementary certificate with (ZG) and Early Childhood (ZA or ZS) endorsement
3. Demonstrated ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children
4. Demonstrated ability to observe and evaluate the growth of children within an appropriate classroom setting over an extended period of time
5. Demonstrated ability to establish and utilize positive classroom management techniques and discipline procedures
6. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage the curriculum through a variety of teaching strategies
7. Possess technology skills
1. At least one (1) year of successful teaching experience at kindergarten or pre-kindergarten level within the past five (5) years
2. Successful experience working with a diverse population in an urban setting
3. Successful classroom teaching experience
Responsible for implementing the KPS pre-kindergarten curricula in assigned classroom.
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.