BREMEN COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT 228
Midlothian, IL 60445
August 15, 2012
POSITION: Services Facilitator
STARTING DATE: TBD
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. The candidate must be certified as LBS I, LBS II, or Type 73
or Type 75
2. Experience in a high school or post-secondary school
EMPLOYMENT: Maximum of 125 (six hours) days.
No medical benefits
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: See attached job description.
DEADLINE: Until position is filled
BREMEN HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT 228
TITLE OF THE POSITION: Services Facilitator
LOCATION OF THE POSITION: Bremen High School
REPORTS TO: Special Education Administrators
1. To assist in maintaining high quality services for staff, students, parents, and community members who utilize the services assigned to this position.
2. To assist immediate supervisor in carrying out the duties assigned to that position.
3. To strive for positive and collegial public relations with the staff, students, parents and community members.
4. To maintain confidentiality in all areas assigned to this position.
5. To assist administrative supervisors with paperwork and impedimenta so that they may devote
maximum attention to the central problems of education and educational administration.
The candidate must be certified as LBS I, LBS II, or Type 73 or Type 75
Experience in a high school or post-secondary school setting preferred
1. Possess the ability to speak clearly and be understood by others.
2. Possess the ability to write legibly.
3. Possess the ability and have received the training to effectively operate a computer, using a PC platform, at a level which would allow a candidate to pass a test administered for this position.
4. Possess the ability to demonstrate effective telephone skills and the ability to operate a modern phone system.
5. Demonstrate the ability to calmly address individuals using the services offered by the position.
6. Possess an acceptable attendance history in prior positions and demonstrate the ability to meet the daily attendance requirements of the designated position.
7. Possess a successful work history, supported by references, in a work setting similar to the position for which the candidate is applying.
8. Demonstrate the ability to practice confidentiality with sensitive information.
9. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to assist in establishing a positive climate in the work environment.
- Develop IEP Transition Plans, including survey of students and parents
- Develop Summaries of Performance for graduating students
- Assist in the completion of SSI & DRS packets as needed
- Monitor student data related to IEP compliance issues
- Represent the district at IEP meetings for incoming 8<SUP>th</SUP> grade transition meeting
- Process the mailing of quarterly review of IEP goals and objectives completed by Special Education Teacher, Speech Pathologists, and Social Workers
- Arrange for and monitor accommodations for State Test (i.e. EPAS) for eligible students
- Ensure that student accommodations are available to appropriate staff
- Assist in the placement of students in district and cooperative transition programs
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Maximum of 125 (six hours) days.
No medical benefits.
School District No. 228 is an Equal Opportunity Employer