Full-time position working a 12 month calendar. Perform functions to design, develop and
maintain data systems to meet the needs and reporting requirements of District
Under general direction:
1. Install, test, deploy and maintain relational databases in SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
2. Establish import/export processes: manual, scheduled and automated for existing and new applications as required.
3. Manage and enforce security, and routine maintenance on assigned database data systems.
4. Design, develop, test and maintain web-based database driven application using in-house server-side technologies (e.g. ASP, ASP.NET).
5. Design, develop, test and maintain database data projects with forms and reports for back and front-end connectivity.
6. Develop and maintain a centralized Data Warehouse. Provide data to staff and the State as required.
7. Develop models and prototypes for later enhancement, customization and updates.
8. Adapt existing database structures for new environments/projects and as required utilize third party database systems for new environments/projects.
9. Participate in service and vendor reviews and evaluations.
10. Expand technical knowledge in own and related discipline for functional areas supported. Keep abreast of new techniques and procedures.
11.Submission and retrieval of data files as required by the State (IWAS) (e.g. student demographics, enrollment, test, special needs, and discipline data).
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate will have a 4 year degree in computer science/programming or equivalent through experience and training. Preferred candidate will have training and experience in Cognos reporting and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Rate of pay:
Starting rate of pay is $26.41/hour, commensurate with experience in the same position. Benefits include IMRF contributions, 20 vacation days and insurance eligibility.
Apply online at http://ipsdweb.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/EmploymentListings
Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.