Payroll Specialist II
Performs accounting, clerical, and secretarial work in the routine performance of responsibilities. This position is responsible for all tasks necessary to complete regular payroll processing and maintain the payroll system. The position supports the Supervisor of Payroll and Benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes payroll for assigned full-time and part-time employees, including the collection, review and input of all source documentation.
- Evaluates data submitted and makes necessary corrections into the payroll system.
- Works with payroll reporting locations to resolve problems; provides information on payroll policy and procedures; and assists with the training of personnel to input payroll information at the payroll sites.
- Maintains complete payroll documentation in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Assists employees with payroll concerns and determines action to be taken.
- Calculates and prepares manual checks when necessary and inputs into the payroll system.
- Assists with the maintenance of payroll system data to ensure accuracy in payroll calculations.
- Prepares time reports, checks, deposit advices for issue to payroll locations and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from high school with at least two years of secretarial or bookkeeping experience. Must have the ability to perform routine mathematical operations, follow precise instructions. Must be able to exercise judgment in making decisions in accordance with policies and practices of the Department. Must exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with internal and external customers. Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word.
Process for Applying:
2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year; with original signatures)
Copy of TABE/ParaPro scores or Proof of Credentials