Description: Gr. 4 Teacher
1. Establishes techniques and procedures that result in an atmosphere for teaching/learning in which students can grow in their capacity for self-discipline.
2. Establishes two-way communication with parents, students, and fellow staff members in an honest, positive and constructive manner.
3. Fulfills the requirements of attendance, punctuality, reliability, and responsibility with regard to school building and school district policies and procedures.
4. Understands and accepts students as individual human beings with dignity and worth, and helps them improve their self-image by helping them grow in their understanding of their capabilities and limitations.
5. Demonstrates competency with knowledge pertinent to the subject being taught, but recognizes content is only a means to an end.
6. Recognizes the differences in needs, abilities, and interests among students and adjusts instruction to meet those needs, abilities, and interests.
7. Stimulates students to work toward maximum potential and to take pride in their accomplishments.
8. Plans effectively both for the present and future with respect to establishing teaching strategies which are goal oriented and purposeful.
9. Selects, evaluates, and uses effective materials, services, and methods of instruction to motivate students to learn.
10. Establishes rapport and understanding with school staff colleagues.
11. Recognizes that being a constant and avid learner is prerequisite to being a good teacher; the teacher realizes that learning and teaching are dual aspects of a never-ending development process.
12. Any other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to meet appropriate teacher certification requirements of Illinois.
2. Demonstrated ability to exercise the responsibilities assigned to this is position.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply conceptual, human, and technical skills to a position of this type.
Salary: BA1 salary provided in the 2012-2013 Teacher's Salary Schedule, prorated.