1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Two or more years experience in desktop and networked systems support
3. A+, Network+ or MCSE preferred
1. Knowledge, understanding and ability to work on the following technical systems:
· Server and network operating systems including Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/XP, Macintosh OS X, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP.
· Computer hardware including: Apple Computers, Personal Computers and Palm/Pocket PC’s.
· Printer hardware/trouble shooting
2. Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work
well with others.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills, including ability to provide technical support over the phone; previous customer service experience strongly desired.
4. Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think
abstractly to solve it.
5. Ability to handle constantly changing workflow; remain productive during slow
times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and
professionalism during stressful situations.
6. Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
7. Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
8. Adequate familiarity with equipment found in East Hartford Public Schools.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Information Systems
JOB GOAL: Under the direction of the Supervisor of Information Systems, the Network Technician supports computer systems including voice, data and video communication. Works closely with the Network Administrator to implement policies and security practices and support the technology systems in the district. Will help install, maintain and monitor systems with the help of the Network Administrator. Will also support applications commonly used at location and in the district.
- Oversees the maintenance of computer systems including voice, data and video communication.
- Installs, repairs or replace network hardware and software.
- Supports staff in day-to-day technology functions.
- Application support.
- Learns fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware and other EDP equipment.
- Follows standard operating procedures; accurately logs all work orders using Work Order software.
- Becomes familiar with available help resources; stays updated on district technology changes or problems.
- Help create and implement policies and standards.
- Work with a team to improve technology usage and resources.
- Becomes familiar with Board of Education policies, services and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Information Systems.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months, represented by AFSCME Local 2727.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy for non-certified staff.