Posted: August 17, 2012
Deadline for application: September 03, 2012
Contract length: 2012-2013
Compensation: $17.57 per hour, plus benefits
Work Schedule: 8 hours per day
Nature and Scope of Job: Employee performs skilled electrical work in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities also include making estimates of material and costs for new installations, ensuring that the NEC requirements of all local, state and national codes are met. Supervise and guide other journeymen and apprentices. Coordinates with other related trades. Assignments are received orally or in writing and may be accompanied by penciled sketches or blueprints. Work is performed without supervision but may be inspected on completion.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
· Must have high school diploma or
· Valid Colorado driver’s
· Must hold a valid Colorado State Journeyman Electrician's License.
· Or any other combination of related education, experience and traning.
Qualifications: Expert knowledge of the
methods, materials, tools, and practices of mechanical trades and mechanical maintenance repair.
Ability to deal tactfully with public and staff. Ability to
respond under pressure to emergency situations while maintaining courteous and professional relationships with staff and the public. Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions. Ability to use good judgment and common sense. Ability to follow established safety practices. Ability to work independently and with others. Ability to read and interpret plans (blueprints). Ability to plan and execute new installations including a complete building electric system layout. Ability to estimate time and materials on any electrical system installation. Excellent math skills. Must have the necessary qualifications, training, experience and technical knowledge to properly plan, layout, and supervise the installation and repair of wiring apparatus and equipment for electric lights, heat, power and other purposes in accordance with standard rules and regulations governing such work; i.e. the National Electric Code. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Drives various fleet vehicles daily.
· Operates heavy equipment as needed.
· Accomplishes duties of mechanical maintenance and repair without direct supervision on a daily basis.
· Uses positive verbal and
non-verbal skills when working with district personnel and community members at
· Performs work according
to printed information on the Facilities Department work order system.
· Directs the activities
of other technicians.
· Responds to emergencies.
· Installs and maintains electric wiring, motor wiring and lighting systems, fire alarms, scoreboards, intercommunication equipment, heating and ventilation circuitry and equipment.
· Design control circuitry and panels as needed.
· Maintains primary electrical distribution systems, circuit breakers and transformers.
· Maintains and reparis motors, pumps, clocks, shop and kitchen equipment, and other electrical equipment.
· Operates complex test equipment.
· Snow removal.
· May participate in asbestos removal with appropriate training.
· Maintenance of power tools and shop area.
· Assists other members of the department as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Assists supervisor in
supply bidding, purchasing and procurement.
· Responsible for hiring
all electrical maintenance personnel.
· Represents Electrical
Maintenance Department throughout the district in a positive and professional
· Responsible for
educating electrical maintenance personnel on safety matters and procedures.
Experience Level: Skills equivalent to eight years of experience in electrical system maintenance and repair.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weld County School District 6 shall not
discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or
disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among
district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District
shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad
spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org