AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Committed to Workforce Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
JOB ID: 1402
August 17, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE EXTENDED
For program details, please contact:
Blair Lyerly-Samuelson, Program Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-529-6500, extension 6274
Kid’s Connection Assistant
Building to be determined (Westwood or Madison – Kid’s Connection Sites)
TYPE OF POSITION:
Monday-Friday, approximate hours: 6:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Program runs September through early June
Hours may vary based on building/program needs
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- CPR or First Aid Certified
- Ability to work with children with diverse needs
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and model and to promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for initiating and facilitating planned activities while promoting safe and effective interaction with children in the school age programs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 23, 2012, or until filled
Please complete the on-line application found on the District’s employment page.
- Assist in planning and implementing necessary procedures to ensure each child’s safety and comfort
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily schedule of multiple activities
- Assist in planning and implementing program accommodations, interventions, developing behavior plans and appropriate follow through
- Greet and interact with children and parents each session
- Use appropriate behavior modification and positive discipline strategies to guide children in successful social interaction and cooperation with expected standards of behavior
- Interact with children, parents and school staff in a positive, professional and cooperative manner
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of daily program procedures and polices
- Assist with setup, take down and clean up of procedures
- Advise Program Facilitator of problems, needs and adjustments regarding children in the program
- Attend workshops and staff development opportunities as requested by the Program Facilitator
- Advocate for all children
Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
- Frequent: walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.