District Technology Coordinator
191 Second Street, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
The district technology coordinator shall plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain a technology program for the district and provide support in all matters pertaining to integration of technology into the curriculum.
- Provide visionary leadership by establishing clear goals and a realistic strategy for using technology tools to improve learning at Hackensack Public Schools.
- Build working relationships with key community leaders and organizations.
- Assist the district in developing and implementing an educational technology infrastructure that meets system-wide needs.
- Constantly assess the state of the use of technology as it pertains to learning at Hackensack Public Schools and recommend
changes needed to use the most current technology to improve education via training, resources acquisition, and staff development.
- Administer and manage the district intranet for sharing information internally with staff, and develop pages and information to be placed on the public/district Web site.
- Provide for a professional development plan that ensures staff members are able to use technology tools to support district learning and achievement goals.
- Provide day-to-day management of such technology department personnel as network administrators, PC technicians, and personnel as network administrators, help-desk operators, and others who work to support technology operations.
- Develop a system-wide technology plan, evaluate it annually, and modify it as needed.
- Recommend budget requirements to effectively support the district Technology Plan.
- Prepare and present reports on technology issues as directed by the Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Prepare and apply for E-Rate Grant requests to the Schools and Libraries Commission.
- Motivate classroom teachers to utilize technology in the classroom.
- Coordinate the use of technology by teachers, administrators, support staff and students to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services.
- Develop a long-range district technology plan for the use of present and emerging technology designed to improve the teaching/learning process.
- Provide leadership and coordinate the planning and implementation of technology integration in the schools.
- Supervise and order all technology equipment purchases for the school system.
- Organize and administer the web based e-mail system, automated library systems and educational database programs.
- Assume the duty of District Webmaster:
- Manage Hackensack Public Schools Website site
- Create internet content
- Adapt existing content to a Web-friendly format
- Create and maintain the logical structure of the content
- Coordinate the school and department web sites with the district site
- Train and help school based Webmasters
- Provide training and support of instructional staff in the use of technology for their professional and classroom use. (Workshops, telephone support, classroom visitations, walk in support, etc.).
Excellent leadership and organizational skills
Knowledge of Core Curriculum Technology Standards
Ability to work collaboratively within a team and motivate team members
Ability to use computers for data management and telecommunications
Experience with staff development as related to technology and integration of technology into the curriculum
Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license for the type of equipment to be driven, with no serious violations
Five years of successful leadership experience in coordinating the use of technology in a K-12 school district preferred
Classroom teaching experience a plus
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Apply online via AppliTrack.
SELECTION PROCEDURE A committee interview will be followed by a presentation of a proposed "technology plan" reflective of current best practices, including the integration of technology into day to day teaching and learning. The committee recommendation will be submitted to the Superintendent, then to the BOE for final approval.