Assists and supports GED and or ESL instructor in all classroom activities and requirements as needed including but not limited to; preparation and submission of reports and required documentation, student recruitment, assessments, instruction, and record keeping.
High school diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor's degree prefrerred.
Effective oral and written communciation skills; a good command of basic academic skills; ability to work effectively with adult learners; good organizational skills; and basic understanding of data entry, word processing, computers, internet, and e-mail use.
Working with adults, data entry, word processing, and instructional experience preferred.
ESC Responsibilities/Internal Operations
1. Actively participates in activies designed to achieve the Region 9 Mission to improve student performance.
2. Works as a team member demonstrating flexibility, assisting other programs'/departments' staff members, and lending support to other ESC staff.
3. During contacts with staff members, district personnel, and other agency personnel, speak positively about the ESC organization, the individual staff members, and district personnel.
4. Accepts responsibilty for personal professional growth and review of current professional literature.
5. Functions within the policies and procedures of Region 9 ESC.
6. Performs duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the ESC and accomplishment of the mission.
7. Ensures that the quality (neat, accurate, & thorough) and quantity (amount of work during a given amount of time) of work meets expectations necessary to fulfill the ESC Mission.
8. Demonstrates dependability and drive in completing work assignments without close supervision.
9. Commits to high attendance and exhibits punctuality.
10. Assist with the maintenance of student records and data entry in accordance with program policies.
11. Assist in monitoring and documenting student progress in accordance with program requirements.
12. Assist with submission of program required documentation and reports in a timely manner for payroll and TEAMS entry.
13. Assist with program evaluation, student recruitment, and other duties as assigned.
1. Assist with interviewing and assessing students as needed.
2. Assist with appropriate learner-centered instruction based on interview, assessments, and desired learer outcomes.
3. Assist in advising and guiding students as needed to establish and accomplish personal goals and meet program requirements.
4. Assist in referring students to appropriate support services as needed.
1. Participate in staff development opportunities, including required workshops and pre-service activities.
When needed and
available: computers, document camera, overhead and LCD projectors, TV, VHS and
CD/DVD players, copier, and digital camera.
to manage a multi-level classroom; understand that flexibility is necessary;
ability to constantly motivate and encourage students without becoming
discouraged; ability to maintain structure in a relatively unstructured
lifting and carrying of instructional materials, books, and
9 Education Service Center is an Equal Opportunity
For more information
Region 9 Education Service Center
301 Loop 11
Falls, Texas 76306
940.322.6928 Fax: 940.767.3836