Assists in recruitment, plans and provides appropriate instruction, monitors and assesses student progress with teacher developed and state approved measurement instruments. Maintains student records and reports progress data for “Texas Educating Adults Management System” (TEAMS) entry in accordance with program policies.
Bachelor’s degree; teacher certification and ESL experience preferred.
Knowledge of effective instructional strategies for adult learners, command of English language, ability to communicate effectively, strong organizational skills, basic computer skills including proficient use of the internet, email, and word processing software.
Preferred-- teaching Language Arts and or English as a Second Language, use of TEAMS and Basic English Skills Test (BEST) assessments.
ESC RESPONSIBILITIES/INTERANL OPERATIONS
1. Actively participates in activities designed to achieve the Region 9 Mission to improve student performance.
2. Works as a team member demonstrating flexibility, assisting other programs'/departments' staff members, and lending support to other ESC staff.
3. During contacts with districts and other agency personnel, speaks positively about the ESC and each individual staff/member.
4. Accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and review of current professional literature.
5. Functions within the policies and administrative procedures of Region 9 ESC.
6. Performs duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the ESC and accomplishment of the mission.
7. Ensures that the quality (neat, accurate, & thorough) and quantity (amount of work during a given amount of time) of work meets expectations necessary to fulfill the ESC Mission.
8. Demonstrates dependability and drive in completing work assignments without close supervision.
9. Commits to high attendance and exhibits punctuality.
10. Maintain student records in accordance with program policies.
11. Utilize program curriculum in compliance with state content standards.
12. Monitor and document student progress in accordance with program requirements.
13. Submit program required documentation and reports in a timely manner for payroll and TEAMS entry.
14. Assist with program evaluation, student recruitment, and other duties as assigned.
1. Plan and provide appropriate learner-centered instruction based on interview, assessment, and desired learner outcomes.
2. Advice and guide students as needed to establish and accomplish personal goals and meet program requirements.
3. Refer students to appropriate support services as needed.
1. Participate in staff development opportunities, including required workshops and pre-service activities.
When needed and available: computers, document camera, overhead and LCD projectors, TV, VHS and CD/DVD players, copier, and digital camera.
Ability to manage a multi-level classroom; understand that flexibility is necessary; ability to constantly motivate and encourage students without becoming discouraged; ability to maintain structure in a relatively unstructured environment.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Moderate lifting and carrying of instructional materials, books, and equipment.
Region 9 Education Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information contact:
Christi Pirkle, Personnel Officer
Region 9 Education Service Center
301 Loop 11
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Phone: 940.322.6928 Fax: 940.767.3836