Deadline for Internal Bids: 9/14/12 at 3:30 pm
POSITION: Special Needs School-Age Care Paraprofessional - Adventure Connection
LOCATION: Richardson Elementary
STARTING DATE: ASAP
WORK YEAR: School Year
SCHEDULE: 7:15-9:15AM Monday-Friday
SALARY: New employees will be paid $13.63 per hour. Current ISD 622 paraprofessionals will be compensated in accordance with the Paraprofessional Master Agreement, which may be viewed at http://www.isd622.org.
FRINGE BENEFITS: This position is not benefits eligible, unless combined with additional ISD 622 paraprofessional hours totaling or exceeding 20 hours per week.
1. High school diploma or equivalent;
2. At least 18 years of age;
3. Previous experience working with school age children;
4. Experience working with individuals with special needs;
5. Self motivated and fully able to participate in on-site and off-site activities (including swimming);
6. Enthusiastic, positive attitude;
7. Good verbal and written communication skills;
9. Must be able to work with a small group of students with special needs;
8. Ability to work cooperatively on a team;
10. Experience and/or training in behavior management techniques.
11. Ability to work effectively with students and colleagues from a variety of ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
1. Certification in First Aid and CPR;
2. Child development training;
3. Experience working in a multidiscplinary team;
4. Two years post secondary education.
Special needs positions are children specific.