CDL Bus Driver.
Starting pay is $13.89/hour.
1. State law requires driver to pass a Department of Transportation physical.
2. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and periodic random drug tests.
3. Responsible for a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the State of Colorado as they pertain to pupil transportation and school district's related policies and regulations.
4. Responsible for driving a school bus over a directed route.
5. Responsible for pre-trip and post-trip inspections; i.e. insuring that all equipment, instruments, and safety devices operate properly .
6. Responsible for using discretion at all times as it relates to speed – taking into consideration types of roads, weather conditions, traffic and choice of gears to allow bus to operate safely and efficiently.
7. Reports all accidents, incidents or possible hazards to the Director of Transportation.
8. Install chains when necessary and weather dictates.
9. Maintain proper student control at all times.
10. Responsible for making every reasonable effort to establish and maintain positive and pleasant relationships with student riders.
11. Report immediately to the Director of Transportation any emergencies, breakdowns, delays or questions concerning the eligibility of riders.
12. Must be on time and not change stops or times without authorization from the Director of Transportation.
13. Attend all meetings called by the Director of Transportation.
14. Keep accurate records and turn in reports in a timely fashion.
15. Any medication being utilized which could impair the reflex time or judgment of the driver must be reported to the Director of Transportation prior to embarking on any student passenger trip.
16. Responsible for checking the bulletin board for any route, driver, vehicle and/or schedule changes prior to each transportation run.
17. Responsible for keeping the bus clean at all times.
18. Responsible for leaving a full tank of fuel for use the following day.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Perfer one year of related experience
Must be twenty one (21) years of age
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION:
- Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- S Endorsement
- First aid and CPR certified
- Motor vehicle report