- Current American Red Cross Certification in CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer and in Lifeguarding/First Aid (The Ellis
Certification does not transfer to another facility other than
the one where it is initially taught:a lifeguard must hold
current certifications to be employed in that capacity).
- Knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and
- An understanding of our facility's characteristics, rules,
polices, and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength, and
- Clean Criminal Background Check, TB Test, and Child
Protection Registry must be completed prior to start of
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by
preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any
unsafe conditions or equipment to the aquatic coordinator.
- Complete records and reports.
- Complete addition duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Enforce all Dr. Lorraine Wray Aquatic Facility policies,
rules and regulations.
The following items must be completed by the
closing date in interview consideration:
The Indian River School District reserves the right to extend
or shorten the application and/or interview period, to modify job
requirements, and to reject any or all applications for
The Indian River School District is an Equal