ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POSITION: TEAM CHAIR – SPECIAL EDUCATION
· Special Education certification and/or relevant certification
· Experience leading Team Meetings
· Computer Software competency, with particular focus on Special Education Database Software (Eutactics).
· Good writing skills
REPORTS TO: Elementary/Secondary Coordinator
- Chairs team meetings: eligibility determination FOR initial and re-evaluation meetings.
- Chairs annual reviews under the following conditions: student with a TA, any potential change in placement (i.e. emergency meeting for a 45 day placement, hospitalization) change in related services, transition planning, new student from another district, receipt of outside evaluation within mandated timelines, other special circumstances as determined by Coordinator.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all annual reviews and reevaluations w/technology and clerical support
IEP Process and Monitoring
· Reviews all IEP reports prior to meeting.
· Sets due dates for receipt of written evaluation reports (recommendation: 1 weeks prior to meeting).
· Summarizes key results.
· Records parent concerns and Team vision.
· Drafts PLEP A and B with input from Team.
· Assures alignment of all sections of IEP.
· Oversees goals.
· Insures FAPE (free and appropriate education).
· Insures that the Team identifies and provides educationally relevant and required services.
· Responsible for content/service delivery/placement of final IEP incorporating input from team meeting.
· Finalizes IEP’s, per district protocols.
· Reviews progress reports.
- Oversees adherence to entrance/exit criteria for programs, and services.
- Monitors all students monthly who have IEPs in private tuition schools (i.e. St. Agnes)
- Provides monthly report to coordinator numbers of students on IEP’s at the building level including private pay students.
Follows district Special Education procedures and protocols, including placement, TA and counseling protocols.
- Reviews building based referrals for completeness of TAT process including documentation for concerns, strategy implementation and results prior to generating consent for evaluation.
- Generates consent for evaluations with consultation from psychologists or other evaluators.
- Consults with principals on 504’s.
- Attends and participates in district-wide special education department activities.
- Attends and participates in district-wide professional development activities as directed by Assistant Superintendent or Director of Special Education.
Building Based Responsibilities
- Attends weekly TAT/learning team meetings, as requested
- Conducts educational evaluations on as needed basis.
- Conducts monthly building based special education department meetings.
- Attends monthly Team Chair meetings.
- Consults with building based substantially separate programs.
- Consults with Principal for all special education procedures and protocols.
- Provides feedback to Principal and Coordinators for special educator evaluations.
- Consults with Principals and Coordinators on MCAS accommodations.
- Assures that central office initiatives, concerns, and procedures are communicated regularly at staff meetings
- Other responsibilities as determined by Superintendent and the Director of Special Education.
Other responsibilities as determined by Superintendent and the Director of Special Education
TO APPLY: See Website: www.arlington.k12.ma.us
Arlington is an EOE and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply