QUALFICATIONS: High School Diploma
JOB GOAL: To enable students, through meaningful playground leadership, to enjoy the group interaction and physical exercise that are an integral part of the district’s educational program.
- Supervises students at playtime and maintain a harmonious atmosphere on the playground.
- Circulates the entire playground area to insure the safety of all students.
- Organizes group games and activities.
- Reviews behavioral expectations with students on a regular basis.
- Assumes responsibilities for play equipment.
- Directs movement of groups from the playground to the lunchroom.
- Collaboratively decides if recess will take place inside or out.
- Correctly utilizes behavior referrals.
- Collaboratively works with cooks and lunch supervisors.
- Required to attend mandatory in-services as directed by administration.
- Other duties as assigned by the building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month position. Hourly salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
To apply: Please complete the online application and attach the required documents.
Gavin School District 37 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.