Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for the position of SUBSTITUTE / ACTIVITY BUS DRIVER. This position is On-Call / As-Needed during the school year. Hours and locations will vary depending on District needs. Starting pay is $11.79. The position will remain open until filled.
- CDL license required; preferred BP-2 endorsement
- Positive individual with neat, clean appearance; pleasant, courteous demeanor
- Proven work record demonstrating reliability, flexibility and initiative
- $50.00 fee for fingerprinting required
- Ability & demeanor to instruct & control large groups of children or special needs children while safely driving bus
- Knowledge of discipline strategies preferred
- Able to pass written tests and First Aid/CPR course
- High School education is required; minimum age of 21
- Excellent driving record
- Must be willing to pay fee for CDL Physical and Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Operates assigned school bus in compliance with procedures contained in the District's policy and procedures, including all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs daily pre and post route safety inspections on assigned vehicle. Services vehicle as required.
- Maintains student conduct that insures the safety of all students.
- Coordinates with dispatch and scheduling personnel to insure all required information is current and accurate.
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
- Attends training programs, meetings and in-services as required by the District or the state.
- Administers first aid as necessary.
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to transportation management or appropriate authorities.
TO APPLY: Complete a district application online at www.canoncityschools.org, Cañon City Schools Fremont RE-1, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, CO 81212. Inquiries may be made to Ty Valentine, Director of Human Resources, 719-276-5700. Applications must be completed and submitted to be considered.
City Schools is an equal opportunity education institution and does not
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race color, national origin, sex,
disability or sexual orientation. Cañon
City Schools complies with Title IX.