- To provide a well-organized, smooth functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Prepares classroom activities under the supervision of the teacher.
- Conducts follow-up activities for individuals or small groups to reinforce concepts and related skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and /remedial work provided by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher with non-instructional duties.
- Assist students in the library or media center.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as expected of the teacher.
- Participates in service training programs.
- Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral and written communications with students.
- Operates audio-visual and other equipment in the reading program.
- Assist the teacher in the supervision of the use of the reading laboratory.
- Assist in duties relating to the supervision of playground, study hall, cafeteria and bus loading activities, etc.
- Performs other task as assigned and/or required.
Skills / Essential Functions:
- Ability to relate well with adults and children.
- Functional reading, mathematics, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to arrive at work as scheduled/ needed.
- Ability to be organized.
- Minimum 72 quarter credit hours or 48 semester hours of College level education from an accredited college or higher required.
Training & Experience
- Work experience with children in a multi-ethnic situation preferred.
- Apply Online - This is a pool only
All interested applicants are invited to submit an on line application at www.CPS-K12.org or www.Staffnet.cps-12.org, click on Apply online. Please include a resume and a photocopy of the certificate required (unless on file in the Certificated Personnel Office) for this position and the names, titles, email and addresses of three professional references.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER