Roosevelt School District
JOB TITLE: Physical Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Physical Therapist
REPORTS TO: Director For Special Needs
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist's shall provide direct and consultative services of physical therapy in an elementary (pre-K through eight) educational environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate each student recommended for therapy.
- The physical therapist shall secure appropriate medical documentation for each student requiring physical therapy. This shall include updates to medical reports/documentation.
- Develop individual treatment plan for each student requiring physical therapy. The plan shall be part of the student's individual Education Plan.
- The physical therapist shall provide written progress reports at the end of each grading period of the academic year.
• Provide in-service as well as consult with parents, medical personnel, or school staff regarding identified students and their needs as well as attend IEP/MET meetings.
• Maintain a contact log of services to be updated weekly at each school site.
• Monitor and evaluate services rendered by the instructional staff which affects physical development.
• May include supervision of Physical Therapist Assistant or Technician.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be licensed by the Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Pediatric and school experience desired.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with district and school site administrators, teacher, support staff, parents and community agencies.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
The working environment is a classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month, Physical Therapist Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.