Title: Technology Support Specialist - Apple
Reports To: Systems Engineer
Salary Range: IT2
Work Year: 12 month - full-time
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, plus some additional specialized training.
3-5 years' experience required. Mac or iOS experience preferred.
This position is responsible for deployment, inventory, and repair/replacement coordination of iPads and iPods district wide.
Provide assistance in training staff and faculty in the use of the iPads and iPods including utilization of the hardware and software including but not limited to: planning and implementing training programs related to instructional technology at each school as well as training and the staff/faculty in utilizing new software applications.
This position will provide second level support to the building technology support specialists for all iPad and iPod support issues and questions.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Deployment of all iPads and iPods for the district to classrooms, teachers, and students.
2. Second level support for iPads and iPods district wide.
3. Technical training support for staff, students and Administrators including how to use devices as well as some software.
4. Assist with mobile device management including inventory, review, purchase and distribution of iOS applications.
5. Hardware support – Diagnose, repair and coordinate all repairs with service provider.
6. Support for Middle School and High School students and teachers in the 1 to 1 programs.
7. Document processes for imaging, repair and inventory.
8. Responsible for deployment and troubleshooting of sync carts for iPads.
9. Coordinate collection of all iPads and iPods at the end of the year for update and redistribution the following year.
10. Performs other duties as may be necessary and assigned by the Supervisor or Director of Technology.