Title: Occupational Therapist
Valid Ohio Occupational Therapy License issued by the State of Ohio
Occupational, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board
Valid Certificate from National Board for Certification of Occupational
Valid Ohio School Occupational Therapist Teacher License
Reports to: Building Administrator
Contract Provisions: 191 days Limited Contract
Training & Experience: Work experience with children in a multi-ethnic situation preferred.
Provide direct and consultative services for children with disabilities that impact student learning within the realm of Occupational Therapy.
To provide educational opportunities where students may fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth; and to provide an instruction that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Cincinnati Public Schools' standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBLITIES:
• Conduct Occupational Therapy screenings according to established state and federal professional standards and procedures.
• Complete and write comprehensive diagnostic evaluations according to established state and federal professional standards and procedures.
• Participate in multidisciplinary team conferences and planning sessions in order to meet the continuing needs of identified students or those at risk.
• Develop Individualized Education Programs for identified students.
• Collaborate with Intervention Assistance Team (IAT) members regarding age appropriate intervention strategies
• Provide Occupational Therapy services using a variety of service delivery models within a collaborative team to address fine motor needs of the student.
• Complete documentation through progress notes and quarterly reports that specify student progress on IEP goals and objectives.
• Work collaboratively with teachers and parents including parent/teacher conferences to ensure a unified approach to school-related issues.
• Provide training to teachers, parents, instructor assistants, and other related service personnel to ensure their effective contribution to a child's Individualized Education Program.
• Supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) if applicable.
• Serve on various district, school or Occupational Therapy staff committees as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and expertise in research based therapy and evaluation methods.
Knowledge and experience of intervention based service delivery models.
Knowledge of Ohio Academic Content Standards; Operating Standards for Ohio's Schools Serving Children with Disabilities; Elementary and Secondary Schools Operating Standards for Ohio's Schools; and Ohio Model Procedures
Knowledge of federal and state legislation
Strong oral and written communication skills