• Awareness, interest and ability to work with a group of students with varied disabilities.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, parents and students.
• A Statement of Approval to work as a teacher assistant issued by the Illinois State Certification Board.
• Must be "Highly Qualified" under NCLB, by demonstrating …
* The successful completion of sixty (60) semester hours of college or university coursework; or
* Hold an Associate's (or higher) college degree.
• Demonstrated mastery of the core academic subjects of reading, writing and mathematics at the high
• Ability to use word processing sufficiently to draft reports about student progress and on Excel to
appropriately track and report student data.
• Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance
• Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and