Salary: $7.78 Per hour
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge background to provide instructional support services to students at the level assigned.
- Must demonstrate time management skills.
- Must possess initiative and self-direction to accept and carry out a variety of assignments and tasks systematically.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with various school officials, principals, teachers, office personnel and community members.
- Must know how to be a team member.
- Must have the ability to relate to and communicate with students.
- Supervise students in various school settings.
- Take direction from classroom teachers and building administrators.
- Collaborate with staff in delivering instructional services, in the management of programs, or in providing clerical services.
- On an "as needed" basis, Paraeducator employees may be required to attend to a student whose needs include routine procedures or assistance with regular hygiene.
- Other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher, office coordinator and building principal.
Method of Application:
Apply online at www.huronvalley.k12.mi.us
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma and/or related experience.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL AND REASONIING SKILLS: Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.