Salary: $9.53 - $13.55 per hour
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must meet NCLB requirements for Highly Qualified. (i.e. at minimum, an Associate's Degree, 60 hours of college credit, OR successful scores on the WorkKeys).
- Previous experience working with students who are academically at risk.
- Ability to work with parents and staff members.
- Ability to work well under direction of program coordinator, EIS/Literacy Coach, and classroom teacher.
- Show evidence of initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to keep accurate records on activities with students as required by program guidelines.
- To understand the program guidelines.
- To understand and support Huron Valley's State & Federal Program objectives.
- To assist the EIS/Literacy Coach in identification of academically at-risk students.
- To work under the direction of the EIS/Literacy Coach and/or classroom teacher with identified children as required by the program curriculum.
- To participate in regularly scheduled inservice sessions, both at the local and county level.
- To attend staff meetings when requested.
- On an as needed basis paraeducator employees may be required to attend to a student whose needs include routine medical procedures or assistance with regular hygiene.
- To keep accurate records on activities with students as required by the program guidelines.
- To perform any other duties as required by the program coordinator, EIS/Literacy Coach or classroom teacher.
Method of Application:
Applications accepted online only at www.huronvalley.k12.mi.us
The Huron Valley School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Huron Valley Schools Board of Education that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status or disability shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma and/or related experience.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL AND REASONIING SKILLS: Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.