Online Teacher - English/Language Arts
Closes: Open Until Filled
The Online Teacher for MySchool@Kent is a position in the pilot program and will support student learning in one or more subjects to students in the MySchool@Kent and Successlink programs.
- High School Certification Required
- Meet, as needed, with cohort groups of students at Community Learning Centers.
- Assist students by lecturing, demonstrating and using audiovisual aids.
- Correct and record off-line (not autograded) student work
- Respond to student needs between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., through phone calls emails, texts, etc.
- Meet with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops as required by the district.
Compensation: $150.00/day with $5,500.00 employer contribution toward single subscriber health insurance benefits; OR $200.00/day with no health insurance benefits.
Teachers are required to be highly qualified in their endorsement area, hold a valid Michigan teaching certificate; a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, be proficient in the use of technology, and work well with colleagues to meet the needs of our school and our students. Bilingual skills preferred. Prior experience working with special populations (gifted and talented, special education at risk youth etc.) preferred.
TO APPLY: Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online.
Applications must be completed online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position. Computer terminals are available in the Kent ISD Educational Service Center lobby from 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday, for applicant use.